Thursday 14 February 2008

Stefanie's Take

Here is Stefanie's Take:



Journaling reads:

This is not a traditional Valentines day page but this four-legged blue-eyed devotee deserves an honourable mention. He will be 10 years old this month and I struggle to imagine my life without him. He gives me such unconditional love, just wanting to be with me, lying next to me reminding me to “be” and not just “do”. We each have our own set of quirks and foibles, his are: spraying on stuff that smells different, his love of fish, chicken and the ability to hear a tin opener from a mile away, his “hunting” ie taking away what his sisters have caught and claiming it for his own, his strident MIAAW, his thievery, even licking the margarine that is left open accidentally, his soppy behaviour after imbibing the cat nip, his insane jealousy and inability to share me with his feline sisters. He is a welcoming presence to come home to and his purring an absolute overflow of the happiness he can’t contain just being with me. I love him that much too.

15 comments:

Stella said...

Oh what a sweet kitty!!! I love my cats. My kitties have many pages about them. Great journaling absolutely fabulous!!

QueenTracy said...

Oh how sweet! This is a great layout and I love your journaling!

Stefanie said...

Thanks, I love journaling and very often scrap beginning there and add photos that fit.

Gina said...

Too cute! I love the photo strip and the ribbon with the charm on the photo. The journaling is great, I can just see him doing those things!

Anita said...

What a lovely layout! Rikki is such a cute cat. Thank you for referring me to this blog Stefanie!

Anonymous said...

A different take on a Valentine's Day layout but LOVE has many different forms. Not a form I would have thought of - not being an animal lover myself. Great layout and journalling - unconditional love! Thanks for referring me to this blog, Stef. Love Glynne

Anonymous said...

Ok, you referred me - I'm here, I saw your layout :).
As a Valentine's cynic I dig that you picked Rikki instead of the usual suspects.

Anonymous said...

Awwww..what a sweetie! My Mom has a kitty that looks just like him. I've got a question, was he a wild child when he was younger? And if so, about when did he start calming down and becoming a lover? My mom's cat is CRAZY and he's kind of mean too...he's two years old and I'm wondering if/when he might calm down. :)

Anonymous said...

an unorthodox valentine...but then a rose by any other name...is still a rose - Way to go, Stef - Senior Mrs S.

Anonymous said...

Junior Mrs S says: Oops I forgot to add - you referred me, Stef here!!

Mel said...

Lovely LO, pity bout the cat though *wink*. BTW Stef referred me HERE.

Unknown said...

WooHoo, Stefanie! Who says that we can only feel love for our 'human' family members? I think it's awesome that you scrapped this Valentine to Rikki! I don't have any cats ... I've got a dog ... or should I say he has me!! hahaha Love your take on this challenge!

Kim Watson said...

Cute L.O! Great, inspiring blog...thanks for sending me the link Stef. I will definitely stop in again.

Beverley Todd said...

Cute page - Love the clean lines. I felt the same about my cat, who finally wandered off a couple of years ago aged 17.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for referring me to this blog, Stef, it is awesome indeed. I love your blog on dear Rikki; he is a real special cat indeed.
Your description of him is awesome.

God bless, Angie