Saturday 23 February 2008

Stella's Take

Here is my take:


Journaling reads:
Others admire you
for your inner beauty.

How true this statement is,! When I saw that Victoria had gotten this as her fortune in her fortune cookie, it just grabbed me as being so appropriate for her. She is so beautiful on the outside, but what is most beautiful about her is her caring personality. At only 5 years old, she is so empathetic and caring towards the people around her. She is a true friend to all she encounters. She thinks of other people’s feelings before her own at least 75% of the time. At her age, I was all about me. I just wonder how it is that she became this way, was she just born being one of those people that are naturally caring and more in tuned with the people around them? Did I do something to encourage her sensitivity? Is there something in her DNA that makes her not like the average child in this area? I used to think that maybe I was just thinking that she is above average in this area because she is my child, but then I had a conference with her Kindergarten teacher and she told me that Victoria is so much more advanced emotionally than the other children. She even gave Victoria an award for being caring and having self control. So once again, I wonder how she got this way, but in the end that doesn’t really matter. What matters is that she is this way and it is something that I love so much about her. When she pats me on the arm and says, “Mommy it’s ok. I love you.”, when she can tell that I am upset. It just shows me what a truly remarkable child she has become.

7 comments:

Gina said...

WOW! The page is beautiful, the picture is beautiful and the journaling is perfect!!!! Sounds like you have a remarkable young lady. Thanks for sharing!!!

Beverley Todd said...

Awwwwww! I have to get me a li'l girl so I can play with girly papers too! LOL

QueenTracy said...

The journal is so touching! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Stefanie said...

I think the page is stunning too. Treasure your daughter and make sure she knows how special she is, outer beauty fades but inner beauty will shine forever.

Nicole Drewniak said...

What a beautiful, thoughtful person she is becoming!

Unknown said...

Stella ... this page is simply stunning! I love the colors you've chosen and those yellow abstract butterflies are just beautiful!

What a treasure Victoria is. I truly believe that we are born with certain qualities ... and V is so lucky that she's compassionate towards others. It will take her a long way in life.

Wonderful entry! Just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet Stella...touching.