Sunday 24 February 2008

Winner for Challenge #11 and Entries from Challenge #12

The winner of Challenge #11 is:



My other Half!!! by Sam Ellis (that is the e-mail name that it came to me from)!! You have gotten 20 points! If your name is different than Sam Ellis, please send me an e-mail at
stcrupko@yahoo.com.


Here are the entries for Challenge #12, DT please send me your votes.






Journaling reads:


The journaling is a bit small and difficult to see in this scan. Sorry! In the upper right corner the handwritten journaling reads: The best part of eating Chinese food must be the fortune cookie...okay, maybe not! They are fun though! In college I learned that adding "in bed" to the fortune is fun too!

Along the left hand side there are fortunes from cookies I have saved over that year or so. Under them I've added my own comments about them.

Fortune: You are a leader. Others soon will need your inspiration.
Is "insanity" another word for that?

Fortune: Your innovative nature will help you come up with a solution.
...in bed? LOL. Okay....:-)

Fortune: We must always have old memories and young hopes.
I wish I had old money and a young body.

Fortune: Visit a park. Enjoy what nature has to offer.
Yeah...I don't like nature.

Fortune: You will find your horizons suddenly broadened.
...and so I have! :-D

Fortune: Focus in on the color yellow tomorrow for good luck!
...I hate yellow.

Fortune: The current year will bring you much happiness.
Well...that is vertainly true. I an one lucky girl, FORTUNate even. :-D

Fortune (under the picture) An unexpected event will soon make your life more exciting.






Journaling reads:




For as long as we've been cropping we've eaten Wang's II Chinese food. It all started with the first store owner, Beth...she's the one who got us hooked. Then we carried the tradition on to our Cropadiles Club at church, and then we kept ordering when I bought the store. Our tradition involves one quirk...we say the words "in bed" after we read our fortune...It's brought LOTS of laughs!





Journaling reads:

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. -H.L. Mencken We cannot do great things; only small things with great love. - Mother Teresa Only love lets us see normal things in an extraordinary way.Title reads: She loves to (eat play pretend sing wave dance slide run read giggle) Help.



Journaling reads:

"Do Not let others take advantage of you."

Alexander, you are 16 now and becoming a young many. Please heed my advice. Love, Mom

8 comments:

Nicole Drewniak said...

Each one is unique and such a great read. Wtg all!

Unknown said...

What great pages we have this week for our fortune cookie challenge!
I love the top page ... in BED! What funny fortunes if you add the suggested ending. Love the b/w photo, the heart mini brads, and the chinese character background. Really inspired work!

The next page titled YUM is so fun! Love the photos here! These groups look like sooo much fun! It's so cool how the menu was used as the journal block ... but, that panda bear is the icing on this delicious looking cake!!

She Loves To Help ... look at that adorable little girl. And your bling heart around the touching hands just melts my heart. Beautiful quotes on your fortunes! this page is simply wonderful!

Alexander ... who says that you have to use several fortunes? This one is direct, relevant, and certainly helps you make your point. Beautiful job, Mom. And, wise advice for a 16 year old son.

Great work, ladies! Thanks so much for participating in our challenge this week! Good luck!! You're all deserving!

Stefanie said...

I love seeing everyone else's take on the challenges. Well done to you all.

Anonymous said...

This was a FUN challenge...love these entries! ;)

Beverley Todd said...

Fabulous pages everyone! You sure make it difficult for me to cast my vote!
Please keep 'em coming each week - I love to read them all!
WTG gals!!

QueenTracy said...

Wow! It is seriously neat to see so many different takes on this challenge. Way to go!

Deanne Clarke said...

The boy on my LO in this post(Alexander) is the boy in my LO in my challenge #13 sitting on the horse by his Pop. :o)

Anonymous said...

Gina: I really like your page. Thanks for inviting me onto this site!! It has a lot to offer!