Monday 4 February 2008

Nicole's Take

Here is Nicole's take:



Journaling reads:

When I was 7 or so years old, I shared a room with my two older sisters. It was cramped quarters for three poeple. My sisters shared a double bed while I had a single beside them. To get into my bed, I had 2 options: either shimmy sideways inbetween the beds or climb on to theirs and hop across to mine.

That particular night began like any other. I got into my pj's, went to the bathroom and prepared to get into bed. As I turned out the light, I decided I would hop across the beds.

I NEVER expected what would happen next. As I made my way over, a hand grabbed my ankle and began to pull me down! I let out a blood curdling scream. Suddenly The Hand let go and I fell onto my bed. I could hear my parents racing down the hall as I cried, completely terrified.

Turns out, The Hand belonged to my brother, Leon. His little prank didn't strike him as being quite so funny after our parents were done with him.

And even though I knew The Hand was his, I checked under the bed for months to make sure no one was lurking under there.

8 comments:

Stella said...

I love this page! Both terrifying and amusing because it reminds me of my brother doing the same sorts of things to me. Great page!

Anonymous said...

Omg, that's hilarious! I'd have freaked out too! Love the haunted house and the single pic of the bed...it looks so spooky!

Unknown said...

The fears we have in childhood seem to stay with us our entire life ... so, Nicole, your story is creepy and ironic that it just so happened to be your BROTHER who was terrorizing you. Being the oldest of 3 girls .. I was usually the one doing the terrorizing .. hehehehe .. relentlessly, BTW .. so I can totally see the humor in your story, too. But, there's so much symbolism in that spooky black house ... GREAT JOB!!!

QueenTracy said...

LOL! Too funny! I still check the bathtub (if the curtain is closed) to make sure that there are no floating bodies in it...something left over from my warped childhood! :-D TFS!

Lida said...

Very cool layout and very good story, very frightening indeed!

tonya said...

OMG, that would paralyze me with fear - I STILL don't like the moment once I turn out the lights and ave to walk in front of the open end of the bed to get in! Great memory, LO and journaling!

Beverley Todd said...

LOL! Gotta love our brothers!! Fab story & great LO

Ali said...

EEEk!! Loved the story Nicole!! Well done! :o)