Sunday 23 March 2008

Challenge # 16

The challenge for this week is to journal about your favorite place to be or to visit and scrap it. This week's challenge is brought to you by Stefanie.




Journaling reads:


This first photo is of my cousin's, David and Michael and me one Easter whenI was about 6 (1972 or so I think), in the back garden of what was then myGranny and Grandpa's house, but now your Granny stays there. Childhood issuch a special time and a place that we would visit if we could but returnwhen we are adults. So many little things at Granny's house to remember andlook back on when you are grown and long (just for a moment) to return for alittle reminiscing. I trust that these photos would prompt you children toremember and chat about your lives while you were growing up.There are things around her house I wanted to capture for you on this day inMay 2007 as I snapped away. Herbie, the coughing, sneezing, swearing, bitingparrot, the three-legged dog Bob and the long-haired cat, Bonnie that runsaway from Bob, Granny's printer's tray, her playing on the computer, her owlcollection, the lamp she mosaic'd when I was young, the pink mark on thewall where Josh sprayed her identifying mace spray when he was about 4, thecat statue, the lamp in the passage that never has a light bulb strongerthan 15 watts, her dried flower arrangement, the (very old) Tupperware bowland sugar spoon that have been used for decades during the 4 o'clocktea-time ritual, and Granny's hospitality, she always bakes and has treatsfor us when we visit. She shows her love through food so often and she lovesit when we pop in for tea.


9 comments:

Melanie H said...

I love how you used all those photos on your layouts, it looks beautiful.

Stefanie said...

Thanks, it was inspired by something Becky Higgins did. I especially love multi-photo double 12x12s.

Lesli said...

Great LO - wonderful challenge - I'm going to see if I can get on this one :)

Gina said...

Great LO! Love how you used all the photos.

Nicole Drewniak said...

I love the double page spread! I have such a hard time with those.

QueenTracy said...

Love the design of this layout. What a fun way to use so many photos!

Unknown said...

ohhhh, Stephanie ... I just love this page, girl! I think it's so cool how you've used photos of the 'things' that bring you such wonderful memories. The page design is perfect with all those photos! Your journaling is just awesome! That pink spot on the wall, the 15 watt bulb, the mosaic lamp ... ohhh, all your memories ... it's a quilt of love you've created here! Thanks for the inspiration ... and for sharing!

Stella said...

I really love this page, the products used etc. Great work!

Jen Harrison said...

Beautiful layout.