Tuesday 25 March 2008

Tracy's take

Here is Tracy's take:



Journaling Reads:

There are so many reasons I love going to Grandma's house. Growing up, every holiday and every birthday was spent around the kitchen table with family. One long handmade bench stretched along one side to hold as many bodies as possible to share in blowing out candles, playing marbles or stealing black olives. The old turkey platter hung on the wall proudly watching over these happy times. In the winter the adults would crowd around the woodstove to chat on the back porch as the fire crackled and foil covered dishes fragrantly bubbled on top. As an adult I try to memorize these warm cozy moments of unconditional love and acceptance and hold tight to them so they may live forever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ohhh, Tracy, there's so much love in your words today. What a wonderful page you've created. I can just feel the warm, cozy memories of your Grandma's house. Being a grandma myself, I'm trying my best to create the same memories for my granddaughters. I can only hope they love me as much as you obviously love your grandmother. Thanks ... and hugs ... for sharing your wonderful sentiments with us.

Stefanie said...

Ooooh! I love it too! We have to share those memories with the following generations. Well done.

Jen Harrison said...

You are so lucky, I never really new my grandma's. We lived in Florida and they lived in SC and CO. Beautiful journaling and page.