Sunday 2 March 2008

Challenge # 14 --Janna Wilson!!!!

This week's challenge is brought to you by the fabulously talented Janna Wilson from BHG Scrapbooks etc. 2007 Creative Team and Fiskars Top Fifteen, she previously was with Junkitz and designed for them. Janna is one of my fave scrappers, I just love her style.



Here is the challenge:

Me, I have to get creative because I am an impulsive, reckless scrapper…I know, I know, its not a pretty thing to admit to. As far as journaling goes, I almost ALWAYS journal—from the heart-- on my layouts…but I NEVER plan on where the journaling will go until after I’m half way done. I leave it all to chance and start slicing and dicing and see where it leads me…and my journaling. Hee hee! This brings us to the creative part. I like to find all kinds of ways that are practical, attractive, and creative ways to add my stories or thoughts to my pages. I like it better this way…if I planned it—I probably wouldn’t like it.


The layout I’ve done here is a perfect example of a fast stash for my journaling! I like to journal on strips because if I mess up—there’s no shortage on paper around here (yet) so I can just redo it easily. The computer is just too time consuming for me and there are way too many fonts to choose from…I like to use own handwriting most of the time.


So I challenge you to come up with some creative ways to “insert” your journaling. You could do something like what I’ve done…just make some slits to insert journaling strips right at the edge of your photo. It works better of course if you have two layers of paper (like here, I have the floral adhered to the dotty blue background) to stash your strips between.


When you put your page into a page protector, just slice the page protector in the same place or right over the slice(s) you made for your strips to go into. Insert your layout into the protector and the insert the strips through the slits you made in the protector into the page.
Another tip, you might want to make some marks on the end of your strips so that you know where to stop pulling them or else you’ll pull them out of their special spot! I just made some dotted lines here…very simple.


This photo of my kiddos says so much to me and makes me want to say so much to them. Its kind of the “the end” picture for the year in my mind. Most importantly, I want to tell them “don’t look back,” as the title clearly states. I’ve learned a lot this year…and I’m not looking back. I’m looking to the future and to many more happy memories we’ll make together.

My journaling reads:
As the year so quickly draws to a close…I reflect on all the memories it’s left me with. Of course the most precious one was being blessed with Cash.

I didn’t have plans for another baby…but it was God’s plan and we are so blessed and thankful…we know that now our family is more complete because of this precious baby boy. Now that he is almost one I wonder where the time went.

The girls have grown and accomplished wonderful things this year. We’ve moved into a new home and look forward to the future and many happy times.

One more thing ☺-- all the fun stuff I incorporated into this page was courtesy of Christy Tomlinson’s The Scarlett Lime. Fun stuff from American Crafts, Imaginisce, One Heart One Mind, Making Memories & more. Thanks!!

The challenge for this week is to find creative ways to stash your journaling.

Here is Janna's page:




For more inspiration from Janna Wilson, check out her blog: http://www.jannawilson.typepad.com/

Here is the 2 peas thread for this week:

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=2505024

Here is the scrap in style tv thread for this week:

http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/forums/21_15700_0.html

6 comments:

Stefanie said...

I love this layout, I haven't done hidden strips yet, but with a teenager "hidden " journaling is a must. Thanks Jana.

Nicole Drewniak said...

Gorgeous page and the hidden journaling is so clever!

Stella said...

I am in love with this page, the color combo is fantastic!!! I am so scraplifting this page.

Gina said...

LOVE this challenge and the page is amazing!

QueenTracy said...

I love the color choices for this layout. They work so well to create a "mood" for this page. Thanks for the great challenge too!

Beverley Todd said...

Fun challenge - I luuuurve your page & really enjoyed taking part. TFS