Thursday 27 March 2008

Jamie's Take

Here is Jamie's take:


Journaling Reads:

I used our sponsor's glitter kit to add some pizazz to the yellow floral paper by dabbing a combination of red and gold glitter on the flowers.

"I LOVE this place"

Mom's backyard...there is no place on God's earth I'd rather be. I now understand why Dorothy said, "There's no place like home" in The Wizard of Oz...there really isn't! Of course I don't actually live here anymore, but Mom makes it known that we are always welcome and wanted here. This yard with it's great oak trees and enormous pines is the place I used to pretend like I was an Indian living in the palmetto bushes. It's where we found our pet raccoon Roscoe, and where I built tree forts up above the muddy marsh on the low limbs of a water oak. These hills have heard our shrieks as we sled down them on cardboard boxes when the straw is thick, and they have felt the wheels of my dirt bike as I hurled down as a child. And this porch...this peaceful screened porch has held countless guests, friends, family and children as generations of loved ones rock in the old wooden chairs. It's a place to laugh and cry, to pray and just sit quietly. It's my place of refuge... it's home.

5 comments:

Nicole Drewniak said...

Home is where the heart is. Wonderful journaling and your home looks beautiful!

Stefanie said...

Lovely layout, the muted colours add to the wonderful peacful feeling. Isn't great to be able to still go back there?

Unknown said...

ohhh, Jamie ... what a wonderful page! Love your journaling .. it's almost like being there with you. My daddy was a career Marine and we moved around a lot. I don't have these kinds of memories or a refuge like this ... and I'm envious of yours. Beautiful work, girl!

Jen Harrison said...

What a beautiful page. I am going back home this summer to visit. Can't wait.

QueenTracy said...

This is such a great page. A few years ago my parents had to sell my childhood home. We helped them pack and move for a week, everyday. It was nice to be with the family, but the whole thing was just traumatic. It is so hard to say goodbye to home. I wish I had more picture of that place!