Sunday 30 March 2008

Challenge # 17

Here is the challenge for this week, brought to you by Tonya. :)

Journal and/or create a layout about your favorite meal. But, don't just write about how good it is. Dig deeper. Does it have a significance beyond the taste? Do you have fond memories associated with it? Food is such a social and emotional thing that chances are, your favorite meal has a lot more to say than "I taste good."


My journaling: This meal is magic because it makes me feel like anything is possible. Steak, salad and bakers. Always together. Always eaten in the summer when everything is right with the world. Always eaten outside with the people I love the most. Always on a warm, summer night.

5 comments:

Stefanie said...

It is amazing to me how food equals love in my life. Why is it that superb tasting food is either not healthy or incredibly fattening? Thanks for the challenge.

QueenTracy said...

Bakers? You mean baked potatoes? Cause that may be my new fun name for them! :-)

I love this challenge. I did a calendar for a family gift exchange at Christmas. On each page there was a recipe that a family member had given to me in the past. It was SO much fun to make. I was a little surprised at how many photos I take of food! LOL. Many more than I thought! :-D

Nicole Drewniak said...

I love food! Heck, I belong to 2 different cooking clubs so this challenge was so great to do. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

ohhhh, Tonya, this is such an awesome challenge topic! But, girl, your page is making my mouth water! That crisp, green lettuce and juicy steak ... yum! You've done an awesome job scrappin' these food pics. It looks good enough to eat!

Gina said...

interesting challenge. I'll have to think about this one...don't know if I'll come up with something for it or not, but thanks for making me think! :D