Thursday 5 February 2009

Cabbie's challenge 50


title: son, everything you can imagine is real


journaling: dear son, it has been 10 years since you were born and from that day on, i told myself that life will never be the same again. life indeed has changed into a real world full of responsibilities and obligations. you grew up to be a smart boy, your papa and i were both so proud of your academic performance in school and that would only add up to the happiness we have. as years passed, you became an elder brother to 3 more siblings and sometimes it seems that you feel neglected because the younger ones somehow manages to catch the eye of everyone but that is not true. always remember that you are all equal in our eyes! our love for you all are measured in equal proportions, no more no less. dear andrew, you are our firstborn son and that would never change. you carry more bulk in terms of duties and that is what makes a firstborn strong... the fact that you were the first to blink light into our lives means that you were made to be so and when we grow old, i want you to treasure every aspect of your young life, the advices we give you and the constant sayings which will guide you all through the years. son, everything you can imagine is real! our love is real and it will never wither ever.

7 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Aaah, love the journalling - it is so sweet, but where is it? Is it under the saying on the bottom left? Does that flap up or something? If so do you cut your plastic page protector or how do you access it? I don't do a lot of hidden journalling 'cos I worry about how people will a) know it's there & b) access it.:-)

cabbie lopez said...

hi. ohhh my wrong. i should have taken a shot of the hidden part... i will submit to stefanie another view of the journaling soon. thanks for the input!!! for my hidden journaling, i usually insert them. i don't cut my page protector. if people wanted to read it, they have to take the whole page out..

Mia Castrillo said...

This is so sweet, Cabbie! Love how you have expressed yourself to your son! I also love those little elephants! My DD #2 loves elephants. :-)

Mia Castrillo said...

Helen, I too don't usually put hidden journaling but if I do need to, I make sure it's somewhere at the top of the page so the reader need not pull the whole page out. :-) I usually attach a tab so people would know what to pull. :-) Hope this helps.

Tracy said...

Oh Cabbie - your journaling is just so heartfelt and special - I love the bit about being the first to blink light into your lives ... sigh ... brings tears to mine ....

BTW, in my humble opinion, I think that sometimes hidden journaling is meant to be just that - let's face it, not everyone is interested in every aspect of our albums (we usually have to drag them kicking and screaming to see a new page) - so I think some journaling that is tucked away (but certainly marked as a message to that special person by way of a tab, etc) makes the page more interesting. Yes, they will have to pull the page out of its page protector but you won't find too mny people interested enough to do this so it should survive the handling ...

Way to go, Cabbie ...

Love, Tracy G

Liza said...

Cabbie, that is one heartfelt letter. I am sure your DS will better appreciate the "responsibility" of being a firstborn once he reads this.

Liza said...

Helen, like Tracy said, there are times when a journal needs to be hidden. It's not always possible to openly share to others your journal, and yet it's essential that it be included.
Personally, when I add a hidden journal, I use tabs, clips or die-cuts as pull-out for my journal.
Hope to see your LO for this challenge soon. =D