Saturday 21 February 2009

Reader's roundup

This one is from Alison and such a good idea... why didn't I know about it 6 years ago?


One “scrapbooking habit” that have is to put a label on the back of every layout that I create. I use a stamp by Inkadinkado that says “Handmade by.” That’s first stamped on scrap cardstock in a colour that “matches” or contrasts with the completed layout.

Then I add my signature, the number of the layout for the year (“#27 in 2009” for example,) plus the date that I created the page. Sometimes I note that the layout was made for a Design Team assignment or was inspired by a sketch.
I plan to continue this habit. I have a feeling that these pages may around after I am gone… and that bit of information might clarify just a little

9 comments:

Ella Swan said...

A great idea! And the perfect stamp for it...I have thought about putting the list of materials used at the back of my layouts but am usually just so glad to get the layout finished that I don't get around to it. Definitely I must start at least just dating my layouts, then one can track one's progress as a scrapper.

Ella Swan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ella Swan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ella Swan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

Very good idea, Alison ...

I'd have to agree with you, Helen - putting a list of products used could cause serious problems for me - I'm lucky enough to find the time just to finish the LO ... tee hee ...

Love, Tracy G

Liza said...

That is a great idea Alison. Sometimes, in the hastte to finish off a layout, we forget to add the date when we created the layout. I'll definitely try to be more conscious of this habit you shared with us. Thanks!

Ali said...

You're all so welcome. A little bit of the journaling got cut off at the end there...

Thank you all for looking at the page! Thanks to Stefanie for posting it!

cabbie lopez said...

thanks for the idea. this habit is very useful!

Ali said...

Thanks Everyone! Here's the rest of that journaling that is missing,....

"...just a little something for someone coming afterward. Even just to have the signature of someone from the past means something special."

Journaling: February 19, 2009"