Friday 6 February 2009

Nicole's challenge 50


Terry, Dominique and Gabriel, As I sit here looking at this photo of us, I can't help but wonder if you know how much I love you all? I realize my work sometimes overwhelms me and takes me away from you , but if I had to choose between work and family, I'd always choose you. You are the ones who keep me motivated, who make me laugh so hard my stomach hurts, who make me feel love so intense that I think my heart might burst. You are the ones that taught me that, with each addition to our family, love is not divided but is something that grows. I love that we are such a family oriented family that believes that time spent together is time well spent. I know others are sometimes envious of our routines and traditions, things we often take for granted, but these are the things that make us "us". I hope that you, Dominique and Gabriel, will take the time for these things with your own children one day. I am proud of you, Terry, as a husband but even more so as a father. You are a "hands on'" parent, ever ready to tackle any challenges we face. I am thankful to God each day to have you by my side. Dominique and Gabriel, you are the lights of my life. You are both so unique and fun loving. I love that you are not afraid to show affection and are already showing signs of being your own people. Be confident in who you are and what you believe. Continue to be true to your hearts as we are trying to teach you to be.

I am blessed to be part of this family.
Love always...

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Beautiful pic, Nicole ...

I can so relate to the "scrapbooking takes away family time thing ..." - I justify it by spending more quality time with my family and then when they do moan tell them this may be the only part of me left on this planet one day ... so leave me at it, people ... tee hee ...

Love, Tracy G

Liza said...

Beautiful Nicole! Time spent away from your family can really be tough at times but it's the quality time spent with them that more than makes up for it. Great layout!

Mia Castrillo said...

This is beautiful journaling, Nicole! I thoroughly enjoyed reading how you expressed how much your family means to you and your hopes for them. Great job!