Saturday 29 December 2007

New Year's Challenge AKA Challenge #5


Brought to you by Tracy King....


I have a secret! Shhh! I am a compulsive list maker. Its true. I even make lists of lists I need to make! Lol. This week I challenge you to step inside my obsession and make a list of lists too. I am focusing on a “year in review” kind of thing because I like to reflect on what has happened during the year. It gives me an opportunity to count my blessings and document what I like and who I am right now. Feel free to do the same or come up with your own list of lists. Maybe a list of things you’d like to do this year, places you’d like to go, things you are going to buy, etc… Perhaps you’d like to do a list of favorites: favorite colors, favorite songs, favorite desserts, etc…

This challenge would be a great opportunity to try scrapping without pictures if you have never created a page like that. Be creative! Don’t obsess about what to write. Lists are supposed to be quick, bullets of information. I hope you have a great time!!!

Here is a list of ideas to get you thinking about lists you can create about the year 2007: (LOL! See? What did I tell you? Another list!)
-books you’ve read
-music you have purchased
-new recipes you have tried
-places you have traveled
-people you have met
-goals you have met
-new restaurants you have tried
-funny quotes from your kids
-new addictions
-pet peeves
-favorite anythings: books, colors, snacks, tv shows, shoes, phrases, hobbies, etc…
-life changes (new job, school, house, etc…)
-funny things
-things you’ll never do again
-things that made you say “hmmmm”
-fashion trends you tried
-happiest moments


Here’s the journaling on my layout. The scan is a little blurry in places due to the bulkiness of the brads.

Books I Read
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Become a Better You by Joel Osteen
The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club: True Tales from a Magnificent and Clumsy Life by Laurie Notaro

Songs That I Loved
“Praise You in This Storm” by Casting Crowns
“Annie’s Song” by John Denver
“Fergalicious” by Fergie

New Restaurants I Tried
Stir Crazy
Thai Pad Kitchen
The Noodle Company

Some Places I Visited
The City Museum in St. Louis
Chemo Center at SLU
The Arch

New Addictions
MySpace
Biggest Loser
iPods

Movies I Liked
The Simpsons Movie
I Am Legend
Spiderman 3
Transformers
Music and Lyrics

Movies That Made Me Roll My Eyes
Blades of Glory
Shrek the Third
The BEE Movie

Fun Things We Did
Art in Bloom at STL Art Museum
Helicopter and Airplane rides
Hayride and Bonfire
Watched Joey play baseball
Paddle Boat around Forest Park

The Big Things
Jason’s new preachin’ job
Joey’s new school
My dad’s death

Whew! What a list of lists! Now what are you sitting there for? You've got a list to make! :-D

Tracy King

8 comments:

scrappermimi said...

Great LO! Great way to journal as well! So much info on one LO! Thanks for sharing!

Nicole Drewniak said...

Superb! I love lists and you can totally pack so much info on them!

Stella said...

I have my lists already! I can't wait to start on my page!

Ali said...

What an awesome challenge! I love lists too- I'm a true Virgo-type, I guess. Really want to do this excellent challenge!

Really enjoying this site... THANKS to all of you!

Deanne Clarke said...

My LO for this challenge is HERE:

http://a-scrapaddict.blogspot.com/2007/12/countdown-to-1000.html

It is #18 LO called "My Scrappy Goals for 2008"

Unknown said...

Tracey, This is such a fun challenge! I'm not much of a list maker, it seems that the time I spend making lists could be better spent doing some of the things 'ON' my lists ... LOL ... but, it's PERFECT for your 'Year In Review' suggestion ... and BRILLIANT for scrapping journaling on a layout! Great page ... great challenge!

tonya said...

I loved this challenge!!

QueenTracy said...

Aw thanks! I seriously have an issue with making lists. I got a new book in the mail yesterday called "To-Do List" Its a collection of lists from various people (chefs, teachers, ordinary folks, etc...). Its quite interesting to see what your lists say about you. :-D