Wednesday 12 December 2007

Anam and Beverly's Take

I am loving these LOs!!!!!

Here is Anam's fantastic LO:

Journaling reads:



Hindsight
Blonde hair doesn’t suit you – neither does pink
Everything happens for a reason – even boyfriends
You will always love sports
Your mother will never love you the way you need
You will never be this thin again – enjoy it
You are not going insane – it’s called Endometriosis
Pass your driving test – it is worth the stress
Stop drinking – it is not worth it
He will hurt you but you will find true love again
Buy more jeans – you will need them
Keep a journal – you will forget more than you remember
Children are in your future – hang in there
Don’t stress about having a career – motherhood is better
Stay honest – it’s your best friend every time
Photograph: me ages 22 years old. Northern Ireland 1996


Here is Beverly's Lo and heartfelt journaling:


Journaling reads:

You seem so unhappy in this photograph and that is how I remember you atfifteen. Hang in there, it will get better and you will one day becomfortable in your own skin. I know that being the only girl, you feel leftout & like it's always about the boys. This is never going to get any betterand you'll have to learn to deal with it. No matter what you do, whatsuccesses you have in your life, you will never feel as important as theboys. They will always take centre stage and you will need to let go of youranger and accept what you cannot change. Do this, not for them, but for yourown emotional well being.

There are a few things I need to tell you, stuff that will make your journeyeasier. Trust me, I've been there and although I have no real regrets maybeI could have made some better decisions. First, do not marry the first manthat asks you. You will pay for it for a long, long time. Have courage inyour convictions: if it feels wrong, don't do it. Don't bleach your hair: itwon't look good at 25 and will be worse at 35.

Stick to your guns about being vegetarian: you are a healthier veggie thanas a meat eater. And go to uni before you have the children - it will beeasier that way and will open so many opportunities up for you. Learn todrive as soon as you can. It will seem scarier when you get older & you'lldecide not to bother.

Most of all, don't worry too much. You're gonna turn out just fine.

The thing that strikes me most is the similarity here how they both talk about hair color choices :) and driving. It is amazing how similar we all are and how we think about so many of the same things.

4 comments:

Beverley Todd said...

Wow! that's spooky! LOL. I left out the bit about pink hair - did mine to raise money for breast cancer 3 years ago. Maybe Anam is my long lost (younger) twin!!

Stella said...

I know I was absolutely amazed by some of the similarities in the journaling.

QueenTracy said...

You know...I think perhaps I should have tried pink hair! LOL...I needed to live more!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I died my hair pink for Halloween a few years back...funny!