Monday 24 December 2007

Last Challenge's submissions...

From Ginger Bales:



Journaling reads:

"Our church erected this wall to give people of the community a place to come and pray for our soldiers. I spent many days and nights on my knees at The Wall...praying for your safe return and pouring my heart out to the Father. I remember a specific night that Sydney and I met out there in teh freezing cold, pouring out our hearts and tears together on you guys behalf. I believe that God has strengthened us because of our obedience to make prayer a priority. It's become my sanctuary...a place of peace."



From Stefanie Semple:



Journaling reads:

In case of fire.

I would ensure that the family were all out of the house, including our 3 cats. Would try and save all the photos and scrap albums, but the next item on my list to save would be the quilt that has our handprints on it. I had intended to capture the moment at the turn of the century, ie December 1999, but Hannah was only 2 months old and I was pretty sleep deprived, we had family staying here and I missed it. The following December I managed to paint everyone’s hands with fabric paint, made impressions on calico and get a sample of their names in their own handwriting. This was then made into a quilt by a close friend, Debbie.
I look at it every day, seeing our family represented, seeing how the children have grown bigger and their handwriting has developed. Thinking that as time has moved on some things have changed, others have stayed the same.

It makes me happy, it reminds me just how blessed I am.

It reminds me of what is really important.

Ginger and Stefanie, send me your addresses and I will send you a prize. :) I will have the challenge uploaded here soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stefanie, That is an awesome idea!! And what a treasure to have...I absolutely love items that have deep meaning imbedded in them.

Nicole Drewniak said...

Beautiful journaling ladies!