Monday 17 December 2007

Jamie and Tracy's take...

Here is Jamie's take:

Journaling:

Lesson Learned

I keep this stack of old credit cards as a not so gentle reminder of our past. There was a time when David and I had an enormous amount of debt racked up on these cards...over $37,000 in fact! I still cannot believe we were lugging around that burden. Geez! It started out innocently enough...our honeymoon...a new refrigerator...but it ended up completely out of control. So, we finally decided to get into a debt management program, and now, five years later are totally debt free! Wow, what freedom! Nowadays we follow the Dave Ramsey plan for our budget and pay cash for everything. We've totally learned from our past, but I'll never throw these cards away.

Here is Tracy's Take:

Journaling reads:

Its not funny. Not really, but I miss my bellybutton. I've always had a strange relationship with it and writing about it right now is just a little weird too. :-) After two surgeries in 2005 I was preparing for a third in December when the doctor told me that i would lose my bellybutton. I felt pretty sad, you see...it was one part of me that I liked showing people, in fact several of my college friends have pictures of me exposing my belly button...just for grins. When I taught high school I would threaten to show the kids my bellybutton if they didn't smile while they were singing. It was funny! It was my thing! (Okay...my WEIRD thing). Its gone now. I still miss it. I know that's an untraditional object to be attracted to. I know that some people think its strange to even mourn it. Untraditional, strange, weird...but not funny.


(NOTE: It is a little hard to tell but the picture on the layout is my bellybutton before the surgery that left me with out one. You can see the scars from the other surgeries. Sexy. I know. *giggle*)

6 comments:

Nicole Drewniak said...

What interesting turns our lives take, eh? Wonderfully done, ladies!

milkcan said...

Awesome layouts! The journaling is so fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Omg...I would feel sad if I lost my belly button too! :) That's really sad, kinda disturbing, and friggin' hilarious all at the same time...love it!

QueenTracy said...

ROTFLMBO!!!! :-D

Beverley Todd said...

Fabulous journaling ladies! I really struggled to find an object tho' - maybe I should have done my belly button too - I haven't lost it ... it's just a bit difficult to find! LOL

Anonymous said...

lol! I love beverly's comment! And I don't think this is weird at all. When I was preggy my belly button turned into an outtie and I was so afraid it wasn't gonna go back to normal. I would mourn any body part that went missing!!!!