Thursday 6 October 2011

Colour coded

I follow Kayleigh Wiles's blog and she issued a colour quiz to Layout challenge.
Go to the Better Homes website and take the colour test, then create a LO with that as the main colour.

I took the quiz and discovered that I am Green.


Your color personality is: Green
It sounds like the hue you most relate to is green -- the color most evocative of nature. Adjectives such as kind, gentle, and contemplative likely describe you. You enjoy being involved with your neighbors and coworkers, but you also require plenty of time to yourself to recharge.You are social yet introverted, and modern but not trendy. Surround yourself with your signature color to create a restful, soothing environment. From sage to hunter, green can work well in virtually every room of your house. Use it generously to create a haven you'll love coming home to.




Now the reason you see no actual journaling on my LO is not because I didn't journal, but because I edit what I put out there in the cyber world.

My (edited) journaling:

I admit that it wasn’t too subtle leaving the brochure hubby’s car as a hint for my birthday. And I could have been subtler when he came bounding in to bless me with it, saying something instead of “Oh, the same gift as last year”, after all it wasn’t his fault that I never actually signed up for the class last year. This year I jumped in with both feet. On our practical outing to a neighbouring town, I learnt many things.
A perfect histogram (the grass) makes for a boring photo, the sky and trees has 2 peaks and all good photos need 2 peaks, one in the light and one in the dark ranges. Next we out on our zoom lenses, worked with the self timers on tripods. Moving inside the greenhouse we played with white balance, from sun to cloud to inside, adding a yellow cast all the while. The fountain shots were a lesson on shutter speed, the slower one (1/5 th sec) giving an ethereal feel with the faster (1/500th) actually freezing the water droplets. I struggled a little inside the greenhouse, thinking that I’d broken my camera trying to photograph the orchid, turns out I was standing too close for my zoom lens. I crawled around, capturing the insect eating plant. Pansies are my favourite flowers. Next the sign that was in half sun and half shade. A shot we were instructed to avoid at all costs, yet to me, adding context makes it worth while. The ugly statue…we changed the white balance again, and played around. I loved that the artist had signed his creation. It made me think how much more, we  who are created in God’s image and bear His fingerprints all over us, showing off his creativity in our bodies.  Depth of field was used for the jasmine and wisteria and then we had some coffee and I handed my camera over for my very own portrait – slightly under exposed for the perfect shot.

My thanks to Kayleigh Wiles for the challenge &
Janet Philips for her template: 2 many photos 89 (sold through the Sweet Shoppe) 
and to Elise's Pieces Designs for her kit - All Natural (sold here at ScrapMatters)


and again absolutely nothing to do with this month's challenge but hoping to inspire you just the same.

No comments: