Thursday 15 October 2009

Reader's roundup

Well I am delighted that we have had such an awesome response to this challenge.
5LO's have been submitted which means I need to get into gear to do the drawing for August/September and now this fortnight so please watch this space.



Our first submission is from April Joy. You can visit her here.

Title: Baby Sister

Journaling: Among the 3 of us sisters, you and I look so much alike that people mistake you for me and vice versa. Working in the same office adds to the confusion as some people I know wondered why I didn't acknowledge them when they see you in the elevator or in the lobby, later realizing it was you they saw, not me.

Among the 3 of us, you and I are the least closest to each other, with a six year gap between us. With me already married as you approached your teens, we didn't get to bond a lot.

You've always been our baby, our princess. Mommy didn't even want you anywhere near the kitchen when you were single, afraid you might burn something. Yet you have matured quite a lot since you got married. You've become a queen in your own kitchen, whipping up gourmet dishes. You've become a wonderful mommy to Selina, tirelessly breastfeeding her until now that she's 8 months old even when you're already back at work.

Despite being sheltered by Mommy and Daddy for most of your life, you still have the eagerness and the patience to learn new things on your own. You're the type of person who always gives others the benefit of the doubt before jumping to any conclusion or judging others. This is your greatest asset.

Even though we do not tell you this as often as we nag you with our sermons, we are very proud of you, for being a good soul, for your dedication, and for constantly improving yourself. Even though we are still not very close despite being officemates for several years now and seeing each other almost every day, I want you to know that I'm very proud of you and I love you and you will always be our baby.

Materials: Crate paper, blings, prima flowers, pink paislee alpha stickers, alpha brads



This one is from Leanne - I don't have a blog address for her sadly. 
Edited to add...her blog is here.

As a toddler I for to hold onto your shorts so that I would never fall and hurt myself.  As a teenager I might have gotten a lot of pinches and punches for the first of the months but I always had a hand to pull me up.  As an adult I still have your hand to hold.  You are my big brother!



Nikki sent in this one. Her blog is here.

"Some day when you're far away and the miles keep us apart, I'm going to whisper I love my sister, you will discover I love my brother and we will know it in our hearts"...
I loved the quote from the moment I saw it and it applies to my brother quite well as we live a distance away from each other.....and while he laughs....at the end of every phone call I am always sure to tell I love him and he does the same.....

And lastly we have 2 from the lonely scrapbooker because she has 2 sisters, how is that for particiption?

 
You can visit her here to read her journaling. 

What a fantastic response I really am delighted and look forward to showcasing many more such beautiful LO's with heartfelt journaling. Well done to all of you and a big thank-you to Cindy for challenging us with this topic that  stretched me way outside my comfort zone - but got me to put my feelings onto paper at last.



4 comments:

Carol B said...

it has been very interesting to see the DIFFERENT sibling relationships

cabbie lopez said...

fantastic readers roundup!!!

Ella Swan said...

So happy for you that you got such a wonderful response. I think this was a lot easier for some than others {ie you & me) but I have so enjoyed all the journaling & it's great that others were inspired. Thanks Stefanie & Cindy!

janis said...

great takes on the challenge ladies!!!