Thursday 2 July 2009

Cindy's challenge 60.


Treasures

I have a home full of TREASURES, reminders of my mum, of the girls’ Nanny, of a special person in our lives. There are things that mum bought for us or for the girls, especially Kelsey, like the special pair of pink shoes and the little denim skirt. And there are things that I inherited. These I treasure the most as they were a part of her world. Her jewellery, especially Nan’s wedding ring, which mum wore after she died. I now wear as a reminder of both of them. Her antique glass cabinet that contains all her precious pieces – her crystal pieces, including animals, wedgewood, trinkets and this perfect little statue of mum that dad commissioned for her when she graduated from Oxford University. I always admired the cabinet, I just wish that I had appreciated it back then and asked mum about some of the pieces in it. Nevertheless it is my most prized treasure and I will keep it safe for eternity.

4 comments:

janis said...

i love your layout and journaling cindy. how i wish i knew where the wedding rings of my parents went.

Lisa said...

I just love that Cindy. It is so beautiful and bought a tear to my eye. Did you know that I have our great grandmother's (Nan's mum)wedding ring. Nan gave it to me just before I wen't backpacking around Europe. It is just a simple gold band and it is beautiful.

You are just so clever and crafty and you definitely got that from your mum and nan.

Talk to you soon.

Ella Swan said...

I think I saw this one on your blog? Lovely journalling - will be gtreat for future generations ;-D

Tracy said...

You are so lucky to have such amazing treasures ... and I love that you "treasure" them ...

Love, Tracy G