Wednesday 9 October 2013

Sushi



My layout leads the parade over on the "on a block" post at Get It Scrapped.

When I took a look through all the scrapbook layouts that inspired me I realized again how much I love the grid/ on a block foundation for my multiphoto layout.

My red rectangular block makes a solid and high-contrast foundation my page elements. It stands out from the patterned paper background and provides a border between that background and the map print that holds a cluster of photo + title + journaling.
Stefanie says, “We visited family in Germany and I was astounded that my hubby chose to join in and have sushi when he prefers chicken and veggies. My inner cluster includes an element that I layered to look like a sushi roll, with the black on the outside and an orange center. The clusters break the borders of the blocked foundation, adding visual tension.”

No comments: