Tuesday 14 October 2014

Scrapbook page back grounds

Do you ever make scrapbook page backgrounds ahead of time without know what you’ll be scrapbooking? Perhaps you make misted and painted backgrounds. Maybe you block out patterned paper bases. Or you could even use a sketch and create a base with spots for photos and title already identified.
This kind of work gives you the opportunity to play with technique, use up your paper scraps, and speed your scrapbooking process. See how the creative team at Get It Scrapped pre-makes bases and the pages they create from them.



 “As a digital scrapbooker I shy away from using paint and stencils but, inspired by the Get It Scrapped membership class Product Play, I used digital stencils by Mye De Leon to create a foundation. I loved the texture the stencil work created and then added background paper layers and paper pieces all from a coordinated kit.”
“The diamond shapes make me think of a fence and, in a way, I am looking through the fence and into the lives of my husband and his sister and their close relationship here. I want to show their delight and joy with each other, even though they have lost their mother and my husband’s sister has faced and beaten cancer. The kraft background could be gloomy and dull, but with the addition of bright, fun colors and a sun-type cluster it conveys a happy ending.”




No comments: