Wednesday 23 April 2008

Nicole's take

Here is Nicole's take:



Journaling reads:

I vaguely hear the sounds of little feet padding into my room and feel 2 small bodies climbing into bed with me and my husband.

Tick, tick, tick. The day has begun. It’s 6AM.

Everyday I am racing the clock. It’s so cliché but there really seems to be too much to do with too little time to do it in. From the second I open my eyes each morning, I am being pulled apart everyday as I struggle to find balance in my life. I am torn between my husband, my children and trying to run my online business. I want to be able to do it all yet finding the happy medium is elusive. Is there some sort of secret magical formula that I just don’t know about or haven’t found yet? Or am I kidding myself that I can do it all? Most days I am running on fumes (or at least on the caffeine buzz of Coca-cola and/or cappuccino). I don’t want to be the absentee mother or wife but I want Scrapbooker’s Club House to be a success and that takes more time and effort than I ever knew it would. I am tired. Worn out and exhausted. I never feel rested. I have no idea what feeling rested means anymore. I got through bouts of insomnia for weeks at a time. I have been living like this for so long, it is almost normal.

Everyday I am racing the clock. For 16 hours every day I am trying to fit in all the work, love, and attention that my family needs while nurturing the growth of my small company. I have no concept of “me” time anymore. It’s been obliterated under a pile of other responsibilities that always seem more pressing. Like grains of sand in an hour glass, time keeps slipping away.
Everything is going too fast and I can’t stop it. Tick, tick, tick.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow, Nicole. You need a wife ... and a vacation. You journaling just feels like your being squashed by some heavy weight bearing down on you. It concerns me. I know that everyone has a busy schedule in this day and age. We seem to take on so much more than we can/should do. Your struggles to divide your precious time between family,husband, and your work is a classic one that we've all had to learn to balance. But, honey, you sound so miserable. Wish there was something I could do ...

QueenTracy said...

Amen sister!

Nicole Drewniak said...

Thanks for the concern, Colette. Some days are overwhelming and some days are great. Just trying to find that balance! Thanks for reading!

Beverley Todd said...

Oh I hear ya girl!! Fab layout & a struggle to find the home/work balance that I guess we all recognise!

Charmingdesigns said...

This clock is wonderful.laurie

Stefanie said...

I love the LO, the balance and the open space. Can identify with you in terms of the busy-ness too. It does sound like you need a wife...