Saturday 22 February 2014

Inspired by Woodland Creatures.

My layout is featured on the Get It Scrapped blog:
  • 98

Scrapbook Layout Designs Inspired by Woodland Scenes



Scrapbook Page Layout Designs Inspired by Woodland Settings  | Get It ScrappedWoodland motifs–like acorns, deer, owl, fox, forest scenes, and stag–are great for scrapbook layout designs of outdoor scenes, holidays, and child play. There’s plenty of woodland inspiration to be found in decor, storybooks, stationery, and even fashion.
The scrapbook pages here look to more than the motifs for inspiration — rather, they pull from the styling of woodland scenes we’ve found. From sweet storybook illustration to Nordic Modern prints and bright graphic woodlands, there is a great breadth in styling of these scenes.
See our woodland Pinterest boards for more inspiration: WOODLAND MOTIF  andWOODLAND STYLE

inspired by a woodland shadowbox vignette

Scrapbook Page Layout Designs Inspired by Woodland Settings | Stefanie Semple | Get It Scrapped
Rudolph by Stefanie Semple | Supplies: Scrap Orchard’s freebie collab called Winter Wonderland, namely CrossBone Cuts Designs: Wordart; Down This Road Designs: deer; Chelle’s Creations: red scarf and Wood paper back ground; Ziggle Scraps : Toadstools; Bella Gypsy: red (banner) paper, Green (scallop) paper and blue snowflake back ground papers.
Stefanie Semple says, “I loved visiting Germany and seeing how they decorate for Christmas. The reindeer in my photo caught my eye and I snapped a shot.”
“My inspiration came from a vignette of a plastic deer figurine in a wooden shadowbox backed up by a patchwork of floral prints. I liked the simplicity of the design, the wooden frame, and the cute deer against the pieced background.”
“I used a portrait-oriented photograph and made a shelf below it with ribbon. I added a cute pieced deer embellishment and added a scarf to it to match that in the inspiration piece. I resized and placed toadstools around the deer’s feet, added my journaling and the date centered above the photo, and used woodgrain paper to echo that of the wooden frame. I kept the design simple, so one would want to read why this photo was taken.” 


No comments: