Tuesday 3 September 2013

Camping

Over on the Get It Scrapped blog is a whole article on Camping and Glamping.
You could check out the inspirational pics on the pinterest board as well.
 “These photos are from a church camping trip we took the weekend that my second son turned 13. When I think of this trip, I remember the heat, the bugs, the sand that crept in everywhere, as well as the fact that we all pretty much hated it, even though I tried to make it a home away from home, taking presents and a birthday cake and candles along.”

“I went for a rough-and-ready camping look, using a map piece as my background and adding a visual triangle of scruffy brushwork behind the photo strip. We slept in tents and there were lovely pine trees around so I included realistic pine elements – the branch and pine cone. I added a treasure map to the top left cluster as a reminder that we had to seek the good in this trip and make the best of it. I kept the layout fairly plain with just the bare basics as really that is what I feel camping is all about – making do and making the best of an uncomfortable set up. The main photo was a blurry shot of the chairs outside the tent. I changed its blending mode to soft light and typed my journaling over the image in white.”

No comments: