Friday 24 January 2014

GIS sprinkling or trail

“A friend and I took my mother to a local nursery for breakfast, and she spotted these baby African Grey parrots and was smitten. One of the things she told their owner was to give them a smaller toy on top of their cage, which he did. The birds wasted no time pulling the bits apart and fighting over the winnings.”
“On the page, I wanted to echo the untidiness of the scene as the chaos of the noise and the activity of these youngsters. It was almost like having a toddler running loose in the house, spreading toys far and wide. I kept adding little goodies, resizing and adding scattered beads and small groupings. I also added a visual triangle of stitching holes, not unlike what parrots do to newspaper, biting and shredding it. Just keep adding until you’re happy.”



I admit not my usual style and yet I love it.
Want to see more inspiration?
Pop over to the Get it Scrapped blog and see what the rest of the team created.




No comments: