Friday 2 January 2015

and a very Happy New Year

A new beginning, time to let go of what we planned that didn't happen and time to start fresh, make new goals, plans and dreams.

Sometimes I lose my scrapping mojo. There really is nothing for me like a visit to the Get It Scrapped Gallery for some visual inspiration. With My ScrapBook Art's open gallery closing it is wonderful to know that the gallery at Get It Scrapped is available. Meaningful comments and a mix of paper and digi make this the perfect home.

I usually have a story to tell and grab a photo, add a stroke and then my papers and embellies. For creative team work I start with a kit, then add photos and keep adding product to showcase the designer's fabulous creativity - even if it ends in a more is more approach. 

Research suggests that limits can boost your creativity because they push you out of your comfort zone.Dr. Seuss wrote Green Eggs and Hamon a bet that he couldn’t write a book with only 50 words.
the prompts
Your page must include:
  1. Mix  B+W and color photos on your page.
  2. Render your journaling as a list.
  3. Use the color gold in at least three different places on your page.
  4. Use symmetry in your page’s design.
I seem to have damaged my DSLR so all of the photos I have taken lately are with my phone, this results in long thin photos and I enjoy the different shape than the standard 4x6 of the past.

I really had fun creating this page, and love the final result. The journaling in the form of a list allowed me to tell the story in a humorous way.

No comments: