Wednesday 27 November 2013

Large photo background


 “The first day it really felt like Spring, a friend and I searched out a restaurant where we could sit outside and eat listening to the birds’ songs.”
“I filled two 12″ wide pages with my photo. This was part of the view we were looking at. The photo had a fence in the front, some ugly brown looking trees in the back ground and loads of blue sky which meant lots of space for layering other photos and elements. Had I used one of the detail photos, the object within the photo would have been over whelming. I created three clusters, two with photos and one with my journaling. To each cluster I added: 1) a foundation layer- the doilie, lace or postage stamp; 2) rectangles- either the photos or the journaler, and 3) dimensional or textural elements - the flowers, stitching and string. I added a frame around the outside to create the feeling of looking through a window.”

No comments: